Whether it's a gentle laying twist, a simple seated twist in a chair, or something crazy I've never even heard of - twisting is an essential movement for the health of your spine. Imagine your spine is a dish cloth. When you twist, you rinse and wring everything out. You bring fresh juice to the discs, nutrients to the bones and balance the amazing spinal column that supports the architecture of your bodacious bod.
6 quick tips for twisting so right
- Stacked, 'specially in the back - Make sure you're in alignment with the spine in a long gorgeous line.
- Lift & lengthen - In seated twists, lift the low belly & low back. No twisting from a crumpled spine.
- Shoulders down - Soften your shoulders away from your ears. Repeat. Repeat.
- Heart puff - Shine your heart and collar bones open. This is made possible by those relaxed shoulders.
- Breathe Yo - Breathe in, sit taller. Breathe out, intelligently twist a little more deeply.
- Chill your neck - Give your little chicken neck a break. Stop cranking it, soften the muscles and relax.